Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Labour Day?

*Blog entry was written on the 20th of March



What's up guys!
It's been awhile since I've even logged on to blogger but please do excuse me as the last 2 months have been hectic as it was complete and utter madness for me!

My internship has now ended (I stopped last Friday) and it was honestly really bittersweet. Sweet in the sense that I've learnt so much, I feel like I've learnt to become a better worker, had the privilege to travel and see places, met and worked with so many new people and experienced the whole works of something (Partially) I want to do in the future as a career. It was bitter in the sense that I was kept so busy that I barely got to see my family, I lacked sleep, sometimes never got a chance to drink water or eat even (downfall if you have gastric like me), and when I had to leave, 4 months just felt like it wasn't enough. Oh and that Adrian would always lecture me for not sleeping or taking care of myself. 


Anyway, my original plan of this post was to have a million and one photo's of events I've been apart of, but I think I shouldn't cause as much as I'm proud of being apart of the projects, I don't think I should be sharing client's information (& fun) here. So please bear with the pictures of work, the office, my colleagues and I with the whole works. (I think that should be fine, right?)


So it started here on the 8th of December (Yes, I'm a freak, I can remember all the dates and venues for all the events I've been apart of, 12 to be exact.) It was a friendly volleyball and cheerleading competition for a company. It was actually my first week and my first ever project that I planned with my boss. Also the first time I judged a cheerleading competition! (;


The next project I was apart of was in early January, an annual sales conference for a 'home decor' company. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures cause we were kept so busy, we didn't even take stupid pictures. ): Anyway, it was the first big project I was apart of so I was totally amazed when we went for the set up. I kept gawking at the stage cause it was so gorgeous, words couldn't explain it. 


And get this, after 2 days of working from the break of dawn til midnight, we had our next event the next day! Talk about crazy. It was an awards night dinner. You can only imagine how sleepy we were to have to stay up til the early morning and stand/walk around the hotel the whole day. Again,  didn't have the chance to take any pictures with the crew cause we were just too tired to do anything really. 


A week later, we did a launch dinner for a pump company. All I can say is that I LOVED the opening cause it was special? It wasn't as boring of a dinner like how I thought it would have been. I pictured something like a simple dinner with a cocktail reception but dang, we did pretty good. 


Us girls in Cheong Sams. (:


After that, some of us made our way up to Penang while some of us stayed in KL for 3 events running simultaneously. And we still rocked all 3, WHAT UP? Anyway, this event I was specifically planning with my 'mummy' (Office mum), my boss and Nick, so we headed up to Penang for a website launch. Now I strongly recommend this site for those who are looking for jobs. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Super high-tech, very efficient and very unique as it's the first and so far only in Malaysia that does online resume (Visume)




Crew at Equatorial Hotel, Penang.


The best group of people to travel in a car for 5 hours with. 


Anyway, we had a short break cause most companies would take off for CNY so we had our company CNY dinner. 


Followed by our CNY holiday and our first day back!




And then started the non-stop mayhem. (I'm not even going to elaborate much and just let the pictures do most of the talking)

We had a partnership dinner followed by a dialogue to do and needless to say, I only got photos of the hotel room. HAHAH, I feel like such a failure, anyway, it was a nice hotel. (: Sama-sama hotel, right next to KLIA, literally connected that we walked to KLIA to buy lunch.








2 days after I got back, I went for a site inspection at Grand Hyatt hotel for an upcoming event, ones I unfortunately missed cause I left early. Wasn't my first site inspection or anything but this was the most memorable of all! I got to see all the different types of rooms and got to sample some french pastries at 38degrees restaurant on the 38th floor! A truly amazing experience, now here's a peak at the presidential suite!





The next day, we flew of the Kota Kinabalu for the event with the most fun! Another sales conference, road show style. This time at Sutera Harbour Resort. Pictures are post-event. 

The view from my hotel room window. 
While the boys were swimming.



The susnet view from the Harbour. I took this with my old battered up phone and it still looked so gorgeous!




The view from the plane. I was damn jakun cause it was my first time on a night flight and the city lights were so beautiful! I even got a chance to see lightning right in front of me!

When we came back, everyone went off to Penang the next day for the next stop of the roadshow. I got left behind in KL for my gadget launch that I was organizing. And I heard the post-event for Penang was the best. ): Always left out when things get good. Anyway, this event tested my limits, I worked for 42 hours with only 2 hours of sleep in between. Had to stand almost the whole time too! Anyway, we stayed at Impiana Hotel just to take a 2 hours nap, as the girl, I got the bed while the guys refused to sleep. It was some good sleep. (Y)

Excited jakuns



Marini's on 57! Our work in progress.


 The view of KL from Marini's. 

 Because we had some spare time, we celebrated birthdays of those born in March at the office.


We then dashed off to Malacca the following week for the final stop of our roadshow! Stayed at Holiday Inn Malacca.


pot my cute little red luggage bag!


Durian Cendol at Jonker street!

After 3 sleepless days, we headed back to KL and had another awards dinner night in KL 2 days after. This was by far the HARDEST event for me. Cause I had to walk so much to get from the lobby to the grand ball room in Hilton KL. Not only that, I was surviving on about a week with barely enough sleep AND food poisoning. And to top it all off, not only did we not manage to sleep much for this event, we barely got to EAT during the event. The only meal I ate that day was my lunch at 3pm, my last meal before that was supper at 11 the night before and the next meal I had? 5pm the next day! I actually went 26 hours WITHOUT food! Talk about crazy.




Yeah, we went a little crazy.

And of course, my very last event! The intermark building launch! 







Working with my colleagues have been amazing and I've learnt so much. In a span of 4 months, I've experienced things I wouldn't even be able to experience in 3 years and I've to thank alot of people for this opportunity  I'm looking forward to go back and work for them as a temporary staff for day jobs and I'm really grateful for the past 4 months. I'll miss you guys so much!








No comments:

Post a Comment