Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Loverboy

Hello there! 

It might be a little weird for me to be blogging but today's a really special day! Well, for Adrian and I at least, cause we're celebrating our 3rd year anniversary! *Inserts confetti cannons*
Yup, it's already been 3 years. Can you freaking believe it? I know I definitely can't!

I decided to share 'our story' cause y'know, every couple has their own story. Thought it'd be nice to tell ours and answer questions that people have been asking me over the years in conjunction with our 3rd year. So just warning you guys before hand, this is going to be a very 'wordy' post.

Btw, just wanted to clarify, Adrian and I are just like any other ordinary couple. We argue and have our fair share of problems as well which obviously lessened over time and honestly, we've steered clear with that section for quite a long time now. I can't even remember when the last time was but he was definitely here. Then again, who the heck remembers or even wants to remember the last time you had a fight over something stupid right?

Anyway, we have our disagreements just like everyone else and it's not like things magically got good for us either. We work through things together just like every other pair. We have our high's and low's (I would say alot of highs cause what kind of relationship would you be having if you had a ton of lows right? wtf ) but..y'know what? Let's just skip to the story.



Very first photo of us. (:

So, Adrian and I actually met in the most unconventional way you could ever imagine. Most of you are probably going to be all ' WTF?! o.o' but truth to be told, we actually got to know each other through the old time social networking site --now gaming site, friendster. Unbelievable right? I know. This was back in 2008 btw. I was at my cousin's place one night and I left my friendster account on while I went to the loo. She sneakily went through my profile and added random people I had relations to, one of which was Adrian. He was from my school's brother school and a couple of my friends knew him. Guess I should pretty goddamned thankful though. 

Anyway, we did the whole lame introduction thing and never talked, until one day, he was filtering through his friend list and couldn't recognise me. Actually, come to think about it now, I feel quite hurt that he couldn't remember me. So much for being so significant in his life from the start, sighh. So that's how we started talking and eventually we started to do so everyday. 

Eventually those talks on msn lead to friendly late night calls. With all these elements, eventually feelings were built. And here's the thing, feelings were building on his side, not mine. I actually had my eyes on someone else and saw Adrian and I as just close friends, so I rejected him. I feel so bad thinking about it now, I rejected my boyfriend. Wtf was I thinking at the time? ._.
Anyhoo yes, eventually that built some awkwardness between us but hey, we didn't want to just push a good friendship aside so we remained close friends. 

Moving along to 2009, we actually lost contact for 2-3 months cause we were really busy. This was some where from June-August? But in September, Adrian called me one fine day and we spent hours catching up over the phone.  I guess you can say he had the perfect timing cause about a week after, something happened to me. I'm not going to say what, but it tore me up and I was in what he would call it 'pretty bad shape'. I was just really fucked up, and he was really sweet about it actually. My friends were all there for me, especially MeiKuan and Adrian. It was as if MeiKuan was the antiseptic medicine and Adrian was the plaster to my wounds. HAHA, okay, I have pretty weird descriptions, mind me. 

Adrian would call me up everyday just to check on me and to remind me that things would get better. And yeap, I actually recovered faster than expected! We ended up talking on a daily basis and I guess you can say things grew from there. He got me into our former dance group, 'Tic Tac Toe' and we spent more time together. He actually left for UK on a trip and I guess that's how I realized we had something. He would leave facebook comments for me, still check on me whenever he could and when he touched down in Malaysia, he actually rang me up just to wish me Merry Christmas! He bought everyone something on his trip, most requested for candy and those who did not request for anything got keychains. I on the other hand said I didn't want anything, but he still got me something. He got me a bell with the engravings of London. (I still have it btw, so precious!) 

Tic Tac Toe back in 2010.

God, we look so different now

Why was it special? Cause no one else got it but me! *\o/* We got really close, and  feelings developed, he eventually became my dance partner. Not because of chemistry, it was because of our height just incase some of you were wondering. Though everyone said we were super sweet during our dance performance. :x Hurray for Chemistry! Moving on, one day in 2010, he just decided to let it all out on the table, and I was actually really thrilled! Of course I'd be happy, what blinking idiot wouldn't be? But honestly, I had mixed emotions, I was actually very afraid.

I saw him as an older brother figure, someone I knew who would help and have my back if anything were to happen to me. Yeah, I friend-zoned him. Even worse, I family-zoned him. 

I had to make a decision and I was petrified cause as much as I wanted this relationship, I didn't want to risk the chance of ruining a beautiful friendship. I made him wait for me and God, I felt awful. Absolutely awful. I think the wait totally tore him up cause I know he hates anxiety and waiting for answers and I wasn't exactly the kindest soul cause I actually distanced myself from him in order for me to think straight. But I swear torn up as he was, he was the sweetest thing to make sure I was okay and he actually wanted me to make the best decision for myself. And then he'd mope and mope on his old blog and post it through facebook statuses ON PURPOSE (I know this cause he told me after a year) just to make me feel bad and make my decision faster. Like I said, Adrian absolutely hates anxiety.

So after weeks, I finally made up my mind, and of course I said yes. But I wanted to tell him in person, so I decided to keep quiet. Only MeiKuan knew my answer. And here comes the anxiety problem again. I think he fears anxiety to the point it keeps him awake at night or something. So when he found out I had an answer and wasn't going to tell him til I saw him at our next dance practice (which was only a few days), he went all out to interrogate Meikuan. The woman just HAD to crack. -_____- Way to go to ruin the surprise.  

So when the time came, I told Adrian, face to face and his reaction wasn't as big as I pictured it and it sort of puzzled me. I mean, if you really want something and you get it, you'd probably be on cloud nine right? But he was just grinning and swinging his arms. And then he blurted it out, 

'Actually I already knew you were going to say yes

-_______- Again, way to go to ruin the moment. I mean, at least act surprised and crazy happy! Apparently, 'a little birdie told him' and we all know who that birdie was.

Thus, that's the story of Adrian and I. That's how it all started and we've blossomed so much over the past 3 years together. He went from being my blur friend to being my older brother to being my oldboy and now, no matter what I call him, I'm so proud to say that he's my boyfriend and that he's mine. 

Yes, he's mine.

He's the best company and support. I cannot even begin to explain how supportive he is of me. Ever since we got together in 2010, I turned over a new leaf. I became an over achiever, curriculum and work wise at least. And once I worked my way up, there's been so many times where I've just broken down and cried my eyes out and he's been there every time to wipe my tears and pull me back up on my feet. Not only that, but whenever I needed company, he'd be there. I don't think I would have even achieved what I have without him.

In the stands in 2010

When he was away in 2011 during cheer.
He was supporting me all the way from
ITALY.
I mean, who the fck does that?

Cheer 2012

IU day 2012




CNY 2012 when he met almost everyone


Okay, so someone once asked me, what was the first photo of me in Adrian's phone. I actually found it on his old blog, and I look horrible. I can't believe I'm even publishing this, AHHAHAH.




It was in 2008, when we visited my old school for their canteen day. He was helping us clean out the haunted house which clearly explains the witch hat and my super dark skin from cheering under the sun so much. He decided to randomly snap a candid shot of me for his blog. And now as revenge....



Little birdie was in the second! HAHAHAH She's going to freaking kill me for this. 


Now you might be thinking, 'WOW, Adrian was quite the stalker, did he always stalk Dana?'
YES, YES HE DID. 
And this is total proof.



HAHAHA spot birdie again! Going to have to dig my second grave

This was taken back in 2009 during my school sports day.  He skipped scouts, climbed over the walls and lied to teachers just to watch me cheer. Again, he's so supportive and caring and loving and just everything, just why the heck am I so lucky? T.T

Our last dinner, for now.


Adrian and I are currently in a long distance relationship (LDR), have been for the past 6 months. Explains why I said that it was our last dinner together in the picture above.He's studying in the USA while I'm stuck here. And even though we're about 14,000kilometers apart, he still takes care of me and protects me, even with a 14 hour time difference. I admit, the time difference and distance sucks, but this wait is going to be worth every second and we both know it. I just can't for him to come back home! 

Another thing about Adrian and I, we enjoy each other's company til the point we barely take pictures together. And now that we're in a LDR, it freaking sucks to not have THAT many pictures. For example, I've been to 3 supercamps and 3 ICC concerts with him, I have no pictures with him at all at any supercamp,  and I only have pictures with him at ICC that one year just because we were in the same dance group. So a little tip if you're going to be going into an LDR, 

Get the habit of taking loads of pictures.

How cute is he?!


 Adrian, these 3 years have been amazing. You never fail to amaze me everyday with your lame jokes and romantic attempts. Your love, support and determination has kept me going, has kept us going. It still bewilders me how you even put up with my nonsense sometimes and all my rants when I'm frustrated and stressed, but you've still stayed on to loan me your ears, give me advise and shoulder rubs in times of distress. I still can't believe we were first friends and that I rejected you, followed by being 'siblings'. Even after 3 years, we still learn new things about each other all the time, like how I learnt your tickle spot is your neck and mine is...everywhere. We've done so many stupid things together over the years like random trips, drinking infront of my parents and stuff like listening to your lectures through skype. These small moments we have made in the past 3 years have been amazing and I hope there will be more lessons, more stupid things to do, more moments, more love and of course, many many more years to come.

Skyping during lectures.
Check out the sleeping guy behind, HAHA!

Everyday, my love for you only grows more and even though you're so far away, you never fail to make yourself present, right here. Now get your ass home so that I can give you a proper hug and kiss! (:


Happy anniversary, love. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment